We recognise that books can be costly and often inaccessible. This is why we have founded a public collection of books and publication ephemera—our own Community Library.
The collection will be available to browse for free fortnightly on Saturday afternoons, 12-16:00pm, at Grove Collective in Battersea. The space is located on the ground floor and fully wheelchair accessible.
Our Membership Scheme is £2 a month, which allows members to borrow books from our library for up to 3 weeks.
How many books can I borrow per month?
You can borrow up to 3 books at a time.
Where do I collect my books?
Books will be available to be picked up in-person from 9B Battersea Square, Wed-Sat 11-6pm, or shipped out to you by mail order.
How do I return my books?
You can return them in person Wed-Sat 11-6pm or ship them back to us. In either case, you need to notify us in advance by e-mail.
What if I missed the deadline to return a book?
If we haven’t received your book(s) 2 days after the due date, you will be charged 0.50p a day, per borrowed book, until we have got them back.
What if I lost a book?
You will be charged the full price of the book so we can buy a new copy.
> Purchase your membership here <
LIST OF BOOKS
A full list of books below - we will update it as the Community Library grows. If you’re a member and would like to reserve a copy, please get in touch with Bella at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Rise and Rise of the Private Art Museum, 2021, Georgina Adam, Available
- Artist, Authorship & Legacy, 2018, David McClean et al., Available
- A Fair Share of Utopia, 2021, Michelle Alexander et al., Available
- Housing the Co-op: A Micro-political Manifesto, 2004, Sascha Delz et al., Available
- Ossian Magazine: Issue 1, 2019, David McAllister et al., Available
- Discovering the Folklore of Plants, 2019, Margaret Baker, Available
- Ways of Seeing, 1997, John Berger, Available
- Talking Art 1: Art Monthly Interview with Artists since 1976, 2007, Patricia Bickers, Andrew Wilson, Available
- Talking Art 2: Art Monthly Interview with Artists since 2007, 2017, Patricia Bickers, Available
- Missing Time: Essays, 2022, Ari M. Brostoff, Available
- 9.5 Theses on art and class, 2013, Ben Davis, Available
- Navigating the Art World: Professional Practice for the Early Career Artist, 2020, Delphian, Available
- A Man's Place, 2020, Annie Ernaux, Available
- Manifesto on Never Giving Up, 2021, Bernardine Evaristo, Available
- The Medium is the Massage, 1967, Marshall McLuhan, Quentin Fiore, Available
- Capitalist Realism, 2009, Mark Fisher, Available
- The History of Sexuality: Volume One, 1978, Michel Foucault, Available
- Autotheory as Feminist Practice in Art, Writing, and Criticism, 2021, Lauren Fournier, Available
- The Art Fair Story: A Rollercoaster Ride, 2021, Melanie Gerlis, Available
- RAVE, 2020, Rainald Goetz, Available
- A Little Book on Form, 2017, Robert Hass, Available
- Art Quake: The Most Disruptive Works in Modern Art, 2021, Susie Hodge, Available
- A Doll's House, 2004, Henrik Ibsen, Available
- Goodbye, World! Looking at Art in the Digital Age, 2018, Omar Kholeif, Available
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being, 1984, Milan Kundera, Available
- The Hatred of Poetry, 2017, Ben Lerner, Available
- The Argonauts, 2015, Maggie Nelson, Available
- Ways of Curating, 2014, Hans Ulrich Obrist, Available
- Authority and Freedom: A Defense of the Arts, 2022, Jed Perl, Available
- Playing to the Gallery: Helping Contemporary Art in its Struggle to Be Understood, 2014, Grayson Perry, Available
- Death In Spring, 2018, Mercè Rodoreda, Available
- Mothers: An Essay on Love and Cruelty, 2018, Jacqueline Rose, Available
- Inventing the Future, 2015, Nick Srnicek, Alex Williams, Available
- The Curator's Egg, 2009, Karsten Schubert, Available
- Better Living Through Criticism, 2016, A.O. Scott, Available
- What Problems Can Artist Publishers Solve?, 2019, Temporary Services, Available
- Regarding The Pain of Others, 2003, Susan Sontag, Available
- In Memory of Memory, 2022, Maria Stepanova, Available
- Duty Free Art: Art in the Age of Planetary War, 2019, Hito Steyerl, Available
- The Language of Cities, 2016, Deyan Sudjic, Available
If you’d like to request a book that we do not currently have, E-MAIL US and we will try our best to acquire it.